Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Perfect Marriage

Hi!  I've got a bit of a different kind of post to share with you today.  A good friend of mine asked me to do this quote on wood.  I've never done something like this without my Cricut (which is now dead dead dead) and vinyl.  So I googled how to do a wood transfer and made this:


Don't you just love the internet?  You can learn how to make anything!  For this project, I used my IPad Pro to letter the words "marriage" and "each other" - I really wanted to emphasize that - and merged it in Photoshop the other typed words.  I flipped the image to make it a reflection so that when I transferred it to wood everything would not be backwards!  A very important step when you're doing words - not so much with pictures.  I painted my wood white, sanded it down a bit - especially the edges - put on a coat of gel medium and put the (laser) printed sheet face down on it.  The next day I wet the paper and removed much of the paper by rubbing it off and the ink stayed.  So cool!

And many thanks to my friend for pushing me out of my comfort zone and learning to do something new!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!