Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hi there

The kids finally have school this week!  Woohoo!  So I had a bit of free time to play today and I made a very quick card inspired by Ardyth's card this week for CASology: Monochrome.  I used the Spellinders A2 Curved Borders to create my negative space and sponged distress inks Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean for both the background and butterfly.  I fussy cut the small Hero Arts butterfly out and added some wire for the antennas and popped it up on my card with small Joy! foam pads.  I brushed the butterfly with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen and outlined it with my Sakura Star Dust pen also.  Finally I used a small sentiment from Verve Happy Hello to complete my card.  Thanks for looking!


Diana Nguyen, Hero Arts, butterfly, Verve

Challenges I am playing in:



12 comments:

  1. WOW! Your design really makes the eye feel the "movement" of the butterfly! Excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! Love the ribbony feel of the sponging! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, the blending is just perfect. The butterfly finishes the card of brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Diana!! Wow!!! Your card is fantastic. You did a great job on this challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I'm not very good at the "less is more" method, but I certainly appreciate it when it's done well, and this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunningly beautiful. Love the CAS approach and the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love that wavy swath of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a card about a week ago using almost all the techniques and colors you outlined above (sponged distress inks Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean, fussy cut the small butterfly out, and popped it with foam, brushed the butterfly with Wink of Stella). It is stunning how hugely different it is. It just goes to show how creativity makes all the difference -- I love YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I would love to see yours. We are our own harshest critic!

      Delete
  9. A beautiful and stunning card, so effective. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!