Friday, November 7, 2014

I do love my dies

I think of all my crafting supplies (which keeps growing - picture husband shaking head) dies are top among my favorites.  I'm also a bit crazy about my craft metal sheets too - gives those dies an extra punch on a card.  Here is a card that came together very quickly with just dies, metal sheets, and a bit of ribbon.  I'm battling a cold so cards that don't require a lot of effort or thinking is my kind of card this week!  :)  

The background from ODBD Flourished Star Pattern die set is so lovely and intricate - you don't need much else.  I added an ornament in Pucker Me Pink in the center and emphasized the stars in the background by cutting some smaller stars in gold.   


Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Our Daily Bread Designs, ornament dies, metal foil craft sheets

Love the shine and shimmer on this!

Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Our Daily Bread Designs, ornament dies, metal foil craft sheets

Recipe:
Paper:  Black, silver metallic, and white shimmer card stock
Accessories:  Ribbon, silver floss, jingle bell, craft metal sheets

Challenges I am playing in:


P.S.  I just have to include a picture of my dog who laid beside me while I was resting, trying to beat the cold.  Such a faithful and sweet dog.  (The collar was made by cutting off my youngest son's dress shirt he outgrew - even the dog wears hand me downs!)

Diana Nguyen, kiki, havanese dog

8 comments:

  1. Love the card, the inlaid gold just finishes it off perfectly.
    The dog, well cute doesnt say it well enough. What a lovely face. Very close in looks to our Jake.love the shirt collar, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! I can see why you love your dies! They are so intricate and you have used them so fabulously! Your doggie is picture perfect! What a cutie! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Diana, yes, you do love your dies and you use them so beautifully! This is a gorgeous card, and your colors are stunning! And I love your sweet little pup! Ah!! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Diana, and I want to thank you for sharing it with us in our challenge. Your art is always SO stunning and such a blessing. I hope you'll stop by again soon. Have a blessed week,
    Karen Letchworth
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this.....I will have to get some metal sheets...I too love , love, love, my bigshot machine....couldn't live with out it! Your doggie is adorable! Thanks for playing with us at RRR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my dies too, Diana!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous with the choice of colors and all the texture your created. Such a classy and elegant Christmas card!! Your puppy is too cute!!! Today, he certainly will have to stay in to be warm. It is freezing here in VA!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!