Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Because of You

Hi!  I'm so excited to be a guest designer for CASology this week!  I've just really enjoyed making CAS cards lately - because the rest of my house is not so CAS maybe!   When I saw that this week's Cue Card was Three - I knew I wanted to do 3 butterflies... which is not that creative of me since I use these butterfly dies all the time. 


I knew I wanted a touch of greenery in the background and I love Memory Box's Fresh Foliage but it was just a bit too much. So I just trimmed some stems and leaves off for a cleaner look.  I was inspired by the tone on tone flowers in this week's Cutting Edge Card and the paper piercing.   Instead of using a paper piercer though, I used my sewing machine to "sew" the edge of my panel but without the thread... much faster and more even than I could have done!  


Diana Nguyen, Verve, Butterflies, Memory Box Fresh Foliage


I hope you can play along!  And thank you, Melissa, for having me as your guest designer!

Recipe:
Stamps:   Verve Let It Be
 Dies:  SU Beautiful Wings and Memory Box's Fresh Foliage
Accessories:  Baby Pearls and corner punch



P.S.  I just thought I'd share quickly an organizing idea I had that has worked for me.  I don't know about you but I die cut something, change my mind on the color or paper (usually several times), and end up with a pile of die cuts that don't get used for that particular card.  But then I remembered I had these baseball card holders (bought for another purpose) and thought it would be perfect to organize my scraps.  This way I can quickly see what I had already cut - most of the butterflies I used in today's cards were from my "scrap" die cuts! I used 1/8" Scor Tape to adhere my flimsy baseball card holders to a thick page divider to hold it up in my binder.  

Diana Nguyen, organizing die cuts

On the back side, I taped a larger pocket to hold bigger die cuts or backgrounds.

Diana Nguyen, organizing die cuts

So can you tell I LOVE butterflies?  :)  

Diana Nguyen, organizing die cuts

It's great for keeping all those extra letters or even parts of a card you are working on!  Hope this helps you and thanks for reading all this long post.  Have a great day!

Other challenges I am playing in: