Monday, April 7, 2014

Out of this World Happy Birthday

I went to Michaels' to pick up something for the kids to do and got a set of Metallic watercolor pencils for myself... heehee.  Of course I had to try them out immediately.  I never thought of using my dies as stencils (love it that they have another use!)- I don't have any of the modeling paste so I just used the circle dies to trace circles with the pencils.  It didn't show up as well as I wanted on the black so I ended up tracing the circles over with my Gelly Roll metallic pens.  But I ended up smearing one of the circles when I lifted the die... but it was a neat effect so I started smearing on purpose.  Then my circles looked like planets so I added dots to look like stars.  I embossed the sentiment in white on vellum and added a tiny rhinestone above the i.  

Diana Nguyen, birthday card, Our Daily Bread Designs

Recipe:
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Recollection Black and vellum
Accessories:  Sakura Gelly Roll Metallics, Derwent metallic watercolor pencils, SB Standard Circles Dies


Challenges I am playing in:

8 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! Love the color vibrancy against the black! Love when smudges turn into works of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how gorgeous and cool is this! You are so inventive to use the Gelly Roll pens with the DIY stencil! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's view Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is out of this world. :) It caught my eye on the Virginia View Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun CAS card, luv the circles of ink...so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Diana, I love the CAS style and your technique of creating the circles are stunning !!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! And how wonderful that it was a 'happy accident'! I love it when the unexpected make things beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly AWESOME! I've never seen anything so neat! Love the way your errors turned out to be the high points of your card. It's really something!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!